2014 Formula D

Muddog

So the season is off and had its premiere at Long Beach, CA, what did you think about the results? Did you see how fast and how much angle those cars are getting?

This post is for the Formula D season 2014 discussion.
Have fun and keep drifting fun

I missed most if not all of it (Damn hotspot). But from what @Latino Hibino tells me, it was a good event. At the meet 2-3 weeks ago we were talking about our predictions this year on who's going to win the championship and my prediction is off to a good start (Forsberg).

I was rooting for Forsberg myself, but the qualifier portion so many drivers were getting 0 points for tires blowing, not running, and other things but I mean with most of the cars pushing 700-1000+ hp it's getting crazy good. Honestly best season yet from the start... I can't wait for road Atlanta

All n all i think it was a pretty good event. The rookies this year after just 1 round looked so much better then last years. I think what, 3 rookies qualified for the big show on Saturday? The time format they are trying to do was nice too, the event ended alot earlier then what i expected it to.

The real bummer which im sure everyone is complaining about is the 3rd place battle no longer being there. Hopefully next year they bring it back, sucks that no one gets to fight for that final podium spot.

I guess it was removed to free up time. One thing that sacked for one of the drivers is a person broke into his truck and took his helmet image being a rookie or not having a spare and your helmet is taken; then getting DQ from the event on safety.

I thought it was a great event. Less judging errors and I think the judging in qualifying was improved. Still some stuff I dont agree with but better than last year. Getting rid of 3rd does suck but still event ran pretty damn smoothly. I can't wait to get up to atlanta for round 2.

Yeah, obviously there's still going to be mistakes on calls but hopefully they aren't as bad as some of last years.

I like that they got rid of the mandatory speed requirement and judge more on style. I think that'll make a big difference this year. Guys like Forrest, Essa etc are going to shine there....and Atlanta is next :)

So is anyone going to Atlanta this year? Essa is already shining with his M3 which is getting really sideways.

To stay on-topic, I think this'll be Pawlak's year to finally get a championship. Though it's still too early to tell (just about any of the big-guns have an equal chance), but I would sure like to see another driver come into the championship picture and shake things up like Essa did last year.

i got a van full leaving Wednesday night (gives us time to hang in ATL). not sure what hotel we're staying at yet but just letting anyone know whos thinking of caravanning...

Back
Top Bottom