Maaco paint jobs

Bearcat

Driver
I know they suck and overspray and blah blah blah, but I dont give a shit, and my car is probably gonna get painted there.

with that said...

What kinda price would I be looking at if I bring them a prepped car ready to paint?

Plus one on the idea. Some people pay 1-2k and it hurts the pocket way more when you crash, even tho it "doesn't" matter.

I figure this.
Its a cheap 240
Its gonna have cheap fiberglass crap on it
Im constantly gonna be breaking said cheap fiberglass stuff.
The car is probably gonna last like one year without having to be completely redone, so I dont want a nice paint job.

Maaco is w.e i would go to a bodyshop and tell them you want single stage paint its cheaper, Then tell them dont worry about the dings and dents just sand it down a bit and spray it. Tell them to make a gallon a paint so you left over incase something happens.

a lot of grassroots race car guys do the maaco thing, they do all the prep ,some even the taping and then get the paint at maaco , afterwards some people do a wet sand and buff to make it look better.

They did all the prep and bodywork for me on my old car.

$350

=

IMG_0525.jpg

I wasn't complaining.

I have a buddy down here who will da it an spray it for 250 alot of ppl on this fourm uses him now. But it's a shit 250$ paint job also ask Carlos He does paint and body also your just to far up north

Maaco is w.e i would go to a bodyshop and tell them you want single stage paint its cheaper, Then tell them dont worry about the dings and dents just sand it down a bit and spray it. Tell them to make a gallon a paint so you left over incase something happens.

all the bodyshops I've been to are dick holes that don't want easy money.
I tried explaining to a shop that for $300, find me the cheapest paint and just do a single stage paint job, no body work, I just want my car one color.

He told me he doesn't paint shit.

and the guy just opened his shop a week ago. Lol

all the bodyshops I've been to are dick holes that don't want easy money.
I tried explaining to a shop that for $300, find me the cheapest paint and just do a single stage paint job, no body work, I just want my car one color.

He told me he doesn't paint shit.

and the guy just opened his shop a week ago. Lol

Most shops dont want their name on shit work... just that simple

If you need someone to do just a quick scuff and shoot lmk Ill ask my bro if he can do it

I appreciate it guys, but I just asked about Maaco, cause they're everywhere. Im not really trying to trailer my car like 2-4 hours to get it painted. Just wanna take it a few miles, or to my bro's.

I know they suck and overspray and blah blah blah, but I dont give a shit, and my car is probably gonna get painted there.

with that said...

What kinda price would I be looking at if I bring them a prepped car ready to paint?

I had my orange painted at similar place... they didnt get the color correct though (obviously it was too... brown?).

They did some repair to my fiberglass kit (terrible GLOB of bondo) and painted kit and car for $350- i did no prep.

A car and a kit as one 300 sounds right, if they area painted seperate (should be done that way) they might try to charge more.

BIGGER issue, is trusting them with my LS1 race car.

id almost tell them it doesnt run, and having a sensor unplugged and give them 50$ more for the hasssle of pushing it

ok, can someone give me an estimate price for the basic proper tools to have a car with normal basic paint spray.

how much for a basic paint gun, hose, air compressor. how much will all that come out just to have your car paint and few other cars . probably no more than 1k $ with all the proper tools and paint supply and you can have your car paint and paint someone else cars may be 3-5 for 200 each and boom you have your money back . :D

I'm not gonna lie my paint was done there I'm not complaining they did a great job minus a little overspray on the weather stripping over the windows. And I have warranty but I have no drips or swirls or any bs like that.

Back
Top Bottom