A/C Compressor problems

sevenways

Spectator
After an SR20det engine swap i wanted to charge the A/C system to see if it would hold up, I know I have to vacuum, but I just wanted to see if it would hold pressure. Whole thing is all the freeon and oil came out a valve on the bottom of the compressor, I think its a high pressure safety valve. Anyone know what it is? and can it be closed? and no I did not overfill the system, it leaked out instantly.

So I got in a new valve and the system held the pressure :bigthumbu however there is a problem when I engage the compressor the fuse blows out on me. I'm thinking it can be A) the compressor does not have enough oil in it. B) Since I never did a vacuum because I just wanted to see if the system would hold up. The compressor does give about 10-30 turns before blowing the fuse

No fuse pops cause u have,short in the electrical side of the,system. Usually a dead short in the,AC clutch.

Sorry for all the ,,,,, im on my phone

So i'm not sure how u check the AC clutch for a short, but I disconnected the AC compressor and it is still blowing the fuse, just by turning the dial for the AC, only when the AC compressor button is engaged does it blow. So I'm guess the problem might be inside where the AC control panel is???

So i'm not sure how u check the AC clutch for a short, but I disconnected the AC compressor and it is still blowing the fuse, just by turning the dial for the AC, only when the AC compressor button is engaged does it blow. So I'm guess the problem might be inside where the AC control panel is???
likely but u gotta get a scametic for da,wiring and check.power flow goin in and out of da unit.

Easy way to check ac unit is to swap a,working one in.it

Back
Top Bottom