Any idea's for a 96 nissan hardbody?

Well im already workin on my s13 project, but a buddy of mine is wanting to trade me 96 nissan hardbody shell for my 302. I was thinkin about just bagging her but right now that would be to much work for me, had an idea after googling hardbody drift tuck and thought that would just be sumthing fun todo. Wondering if it would be that hard to make it drift worthy. Already got a sr swap for it, just need sum advice if its just going to be a pain in tha ass and not worth the time with the weight :confused:

I would send yall pics but i lost my camra and well it just a 96 hardbody primer nothin to serious right now

Last edited:
as best i could find they only weigh like 3000lbs, anyway, most of the guys drifting them have converted to a nissan coilover system, by modifying or fabricating their own strut towers.. i say go for it, the s13 is getting so played out.. be different... that sr should be relatively easy in there due to the truck having a ka, and sharing the same mounts... if it was the one with the vg30 i say just throw some turbos oon there lol.. no seriously tho do it... all that weight is upfront anyway, just gut the bitch and track it!

skinny d

Yea i really been thinkin about doin it, but just need a new welder to help me my buddy is so dam lazy when i need him to help it never happins. hey check this out sick hardbody drifting thought yall would be interested

Last edited by a moderator:
you dont need much at all to make a hardbody drift most the trucks accept the base model came with a lsd! turn the torsion bars all the way down in front(longer bolts to make it tuck) but the front cross member will be just 2 inches off the ground 3 inch drop blocks in the back and a set of belltech nitro drop shocks! it will drift like a mutherfucker with just a ka! ( i know this because my first mini truck was a hardbody) 16 years ago i was doing crazy donuts in the publix parking lot on taft at 86th in hollywood didnt even know i was drifting

you dont need much at all to make a hardbody drift most the trucks accept the base model came with a lsd! turn the torsion bars all the way down in front(longer bolts to make it tuck) but the front cross member will be just 2 inches off the ground 3 inch drop blocks in the back and a set of belltech nitro drop shocks! it will drift like a mutherfucker with just a ka! ( i know this because my first mini truck was a hardbody) 16 years ago i was doing crazy donuts in the publix parking lot on taft at 86th in hollywood didnt even know i was drifting

Hell Yeah Bro!!!! sounds good to me, i just need to take all that shit apart right now and rebuild it cause he was in tha middle of bagging it so you know alot of shit welded that i dont need on there

not to be the one to shoot this idea down but dont most of the events have rules against drifting full frame vehicles? idk anything about nissan hardbodys but most trucks are full frame...

the idea of a drift truck is still sick as hell tho:bigthumbu

it would be sick, i would do an exhaust stack like this...it would probably shoot flames....
n48211450_31602322_1764.jpg

Back
Top Bottom