Anybody have a suggestion on Tie Rods?

Prove It

So I need to pick up a set of new tie rods and i've been looking at megan racing and tien...From searching for reviews no one says how they have held up.Everyone just says go SPL. I just want to know if these cheaper ones are even worth trying, or should i dish out the extra money for SPL and ride out. Let me know if anyone has any input. Thanks =)

Yo let me tel you something when I was looking a set of coilovers I didnt have enough money to get a set of Tein, Stance, Cusco etc... So I searched all over the internet to see which were my options... At the end I found the Godspeed... Everybody talking sh.it about them but actually nobody tryed them before... I found arround 10 people that bought them at they were very happy about them. My point is that Yes they r the cheapest coilovers on ebay... Yes you get what you pay for... But guess what?! I got a lot more from this coilovers that what i payed for.... If I change this ones im gonna by very high in coils cuz honestly I dont feel the difference between this and a set of Tein, Stance, or Megas... "I also got my whole suspension system from Godspeed, Tie Rods, Sway bar, etc... Everything works fine! YO Get them is a peace of metal at the end... And all those brands are made by the same factory, same material at the end...

If you're replacing your tie rods just b/c you think you should, don't.

If your balljoints are borked and you also want extra angle, Tein is a good replacement and very strong. I drifted for years on them, hit all kinds of shit, and never had a problem.

If you're just into uber high tech shit or you need bumpsteer correction, SPL are the outers of choice. Inners are kinda up to you - right now I have megans and have nothing negative to say about them. I would not get Megan outers though.

yeah i let a buddy drive my car and he put it over a curb and bent the sh!t out of one tie rod...i think im going to go tein. then in the future after i mod my kuckles go SPL. thanks for the input guys

yeah i let a buddy drive my car and he put it over a curb and bent the sh!t out of one tie rod...i think im going to go tein. then in the future after i mod my kuckles go SPL. thanks for the input guys

wrong mentality....

why buy something twice... just do it the first time! whether it be tein or spl, dont have a goal of buying the same part again....

wrong mentality....

why buy something twice... just do it the first time! whether it be tein or spl, dont have a goal of buying the same part again....

The cost of tein inners and outers is so cheap that it is not a wasted investment since they're also good! The inners could be used in the future with any upgraded outers if that's what he desires.

Yo let me tel you something when I was looking a set of coilovers I didnt have enough money to get a set of Tein, Stance, Cusco etc... So I searched all over the internet to see which were my options... At the end I found the Godspeed... Everybody talking sh.it about them but actually nobody tryed them before... I found arround 10 people that bought them at they were very happy about them. My point is that Yes they r the cheapest coilovers on ebay... Yes you get what you pay for... But guess what?! I got a lot more from this coilovers that what i payed for.... If I change this ones im gonna by very high in coils cuz honestly I dont feel the difference between this and a set of Tein, Stance, or Megas... "I also got my whole suspension system from Godspeed, Tie Rods, Sway bar, etc... Everything works fine! YO Get them is a peace of metal at the end... And all those brands are made by the same factory, same material at the end...

If you can't feel a deference between Megan coils and stance coils you shouldn't be allowed to mod your car

If you can't feel a deference between Megan coils and stance coils you shouldn't be allowed to mod your car

agreed.... like holy shit your an idiot if you cant tell... hahaha, wow

but then again all these kids stiffen the coilover all the way anyway, so stance isnt going to make much of a difference....

Last edited:
Hell even with my gr+pros set all the way stiff there is a world of difference between them and my either my old Magen streets or tracks. Johns ksports even feel a lot better than megans.

But back on topic Greg you know my feeling go spl or the new pbm ones coming out but if you have to stay cheap get circuit sports since they have the spacers for bump steer adjustment.

megan tie rods work i will never run a tien ever ayes ran them on his old hatch and it use to come out of the rack all the time dont know 100% why but they were installed properly. SPL are by far the most awesome arms made and they fully back there product and give you the option to upgrade to the new model for dirt cheap. totally worth it in my book

Back
Top Bottom