Exhaust system help!

sevenways

Spectator
So i have a 240 couple that I did an engine swap from my old hatch. the couple sits low but nothing crazy. Today going to school it got stuck on a speed bump(new triangle ones) and the bump messed up my whole exhaust:mad:. the rubber grips all broke and the tip even bent and broke from the tip. I knew from the beginning that the exhaust sat too low, the question is what to do now!!??? do i try to fix it from there, if so how? or do I get a new exhaust pipe done? how are the exhaust on super low 240's done?? the exhaust was jus too low and the hooks where way to long, which is what made it sit so low. any help with this???

Sounds to me like you need to learn how to fit an exhaust, you have to play with them to get them to tuck up higher.

your best bet imo would be go to a local mom and pop exhaust shop and see if the can repair it and possibly make it more sung to your chasis, another alternative would be to raise your car up enough to clear the speed bumps

Have the exhaust shop bend the exhaust at the downpipe so the rest of it sits higher then re weld the hangers on so it stays up higher. Mine did it for only $20 cuz it was quick and labor only no parts. The exhaust tip will just be moved in a little. Also, going slower over speed bumps and taking them at an angle helps out a lot

Yea I waas thinking of doing that ^ thing is if i get the hangers welded then how bout the day I wanna take the exhaust off?
:confused:

The exhaust shop should hVe little rubber that they use to hang exhaust with so just cut n replace the bent part n shorten the hangers n hang it on the black rubber things to desired height.

Cuz I seen many people do it ^ and of course you can use the little rubbers thats what i had on now. Just never thought of shorting the hangers themselves at a shop

when my exhaust sat low, i just got metal zipties and ziptied the pipe to the fame. then look the rest of the zipties to squeeze the hangers closer together. now it sits tucked. i've also seen custom brackets made that holds the exhaust up and tucked it really clean with 4" piping, but that is money. post pics of the exhaust now and i would get a better idea of how fixable it is

Back
Top Bottom