Extra Key!?

sevenways

Spectator
I have made two copies of my key and none work!! :chair: one at walmart and another at some local lock smith. why are they not working, is it some special key or somehing

More info would help..... What year & model of the car, won't work as in start the car or won't even open the doors? Are you tracing the original key..... Etc etc etc

Doors work, but wont turn over to start, its a 91 240sx. No idea if its an orginal key, bought the coupe chasis and droped an SR in. I only got one key with it tho

The cylinder might be worn out and the new key is not releasing the pins properly. I had the same issue and I had to remove the ignition cylinder to fix it.

Hope this helps

Call a mobile locksmith. They can come to the car and make keys. Not $5 a key but everything will work. Call around for pricing.

Ur either gonna haveta call a mobile locksmith and he can make a key to match the cylinder, or a easy try-to-fix is to smoothen out the fresh cut keys with some sandpaper just a little bit to remove the burrs and make it like an older key (because its probably a worn down ignition cylinder giving u the issues) worth a shot since u have 2 new keys to play with

When i got mine done at walmart it didnt work but when i got it done at HomeboyDepot (HomeDepot) It worked like a charm this was for my s14 btw

Slightly slide key back out
its worn out so u have to move key til it turns
240sx...

pretty much theres a spot on the key that is too low for the machine to cut so u have to match up the keys and file it by hand, ace had to remake my key and after 3 tries it still didnt work so i matched them up and filed it by hand took less than a min

the door locks might have been changed and now theyre diff from the ingniton. call a good lock smith they can make all the locks the same. just had mine done

$40 he actually didnt charge me thats what i gave him
it was a friend but i think thats what he would charge. i brought him all the cylinders already out
It only took like 30 mins

Back
Top Bottom