hard starting

hey guys wuts up,im new here,im havin trouble starting my stock 89s13 it cranks but thats about it. the batt. is brand new, i just did the tune up (good plugs and wires) also ,my fuel pump is brand new n so is the filter i definetly think i have a bad cat(oem).to get the car started i have to crank the hell out of it for bout 4-5 min while fethering the gas pedal.so if any one could help me or point me in the right direction id greatly apreciate it .ive had a bad experiance with a local shop so im weary of were to take my baby next...u feel me...thankx ur site riddocks...

does the car run perfectly fine once it starts? or dose it sputter and not want to make power? dose it hold an idle?

since i did the tune up it runs better but it still bogs taking off like from a light ...it idles prety good i forgot to mention the timing is advanced a little...

how much is a little? put that thing back to stock ign timing and try it if you say you have it advanced a little. Although it should run 10 advanced and 10 retarded, it will be extremely gay, but it will run. Try knocking back the ignition advance and see if that dose anything. Bogging off the line could be from too much load on the engine at low rpms and it detonating.

If you have to hold the throttle open if could be a leaky injector and flooded the cylinder.

Back
Top Bottom