help! SR20det clutch pedal problems.

sevenways

Spectator
i'm doing an SR swap engine is in already and works, today i was bleeding the clutch but the peddle wont stiffing up? on the previous 240 that the sr20 was pulled from they had bypassed the second bleeding port for some reason, however i did not do this to the new car. also can the slave cylinder from the KA trans(1 1/4 size) be used instead of the SR slave (3/4 size)

i'm doing an SR swap engine is in already and works, today i was bleeding the clutch but the peddle wont stiffing up? on the previous 240 that the sr20 was pulled from they had bypassed the second bleeding port for some reason, however i did not do this to the new car. also can the slave cylinder from the KA trans(1 1/4 size) be used instead of the SR slave (3/4 size)

yes, it can be used from the KA to the Sr slave cylinder, if you dont have the line straight from the master cyl to the slave cyl, you will need to bleed out the the 2nd bleed port first, then the slave bleed valve... in my car, i removed that piece that looks like an oil cooler and ran the line straight, the pedal feels alot better.

try that, and if it doesnt work, im sure someone else will answer and help... that should fix you.

alright thanks cuz my SR slave is leaking. also the pervious car was ran straight like urs but i was not sure if thats what had caused it to become defective. but do u know whats the point of the part that looks like an oil cooler lol. i was thinkin its so u dont build too much pressure or something :confused:

If you fix the leak and you still can't get pressure in your peddle then you have air stuck in your line. the best way to take the air out is a vacume pump.. I have a good one but idk what is available for the average do it yourselfer. If you hear about people who do brake swaps and their brakes don't work, air in the line is why..

alright thanks cuz my SR slave is leaking. also the pervious car was ran straight like urs but i was not sure if thats what had caused it to become defective. but do u know whats the point of the part that looks like an oil cooler lol. i was thinkin its so u dont build too much pressure or something :confused:

Thats a clutch damper - bypass it and move on - its poop

Back
Top Bottom