just bought a air compressor

hey guys i just bought a kobalt 26 gallon 1.5 hp 5.0 scfm @ 40psi and 4.0 at 90 psi would this be enough to paint my car ? or no ... need some input some people said yes some no .. i know i might be able to do it but im going to have to wait for it to catch up for painting..

no

and if you tried you would have to wait more then each painting... i mean you might be able to shoot the hood... then wait.. then fender... then wait... then door... then wait... and im talking just A coat..

what will happen is the paint wont atomize well under low pressure and voila fish eye and spots out the ying yang.

ok thanks alot .. i guess ill borrow my uncle`s huge compressor for that then .. one more question .. where would be a good place to buy the paint and clear.. ect..

ok thanks alot .. i guess ill borrow my uncle`s huge compressor for that then .. one more question .. where would be a good place to buy the paint and clear.. ect..

thats something you will have to ask a local... find anyone who sells ppg and use there stuff its pretty good.

i set the regulator at 60 and when i spray it drops to 40-45 which is good for a hvlp gun
Product Overview:
Portability: Portable
Power Option: Powered
Item Weight: 150.0 lbs.
General Warranty: 1 year
SCFM Delivery:
SCFM Delivery At 40 psi: 5.6 SCFM
SCFM Delivery At 90 psi: 5.1 SCFM
Tank:
Compressor Tank Capacity: 25 gal.
Maximum Compressor psi: 175 psi
Compressor Tank Pump Style: 2-Stage Oil Free
Compressor Tank Type: Vertical

i set the regulator at 60 and when i spray it drops to 40-45 which is good for a hvlp gun
Product Overview:
Portability: Portable
Power Option: Powered
Item Weight: 150.0 lbs.
General Warranty: 1 year
SCFM Delivery:
SCFM Delivery At 40 psi: 5.6 SCFM
SCFM Delivery At 90 psi: 5.1 SCFM
Tank:
Compressor Tank Capacity: 25 gal.
Maximum Compressor psi: 175 psi
Compressor Tank Pump Style: 2-Stage Oil Free
Compressor Tank Type: Vertical

40-45??
my hvlp gun has a max pressure of 22psi
i keep the regulator on the tank at max then i use a regulator at the gun set at 22psi

i paint cars with a 25 gallon with a sata hvlp gun it works. The only thing is with that size compressor you tend to have to wetsand more because the paint dosnt lay down as even cause you cant maintain the pressure. but you can do it.

i paint cars with a 25 gallon with a sata hvlp gun it works. The only thing is with that size compressor you tend to have to wetsand more because the paint dosnt lay down as even cause you cant maintain the pressure. but you can do it.

what will happen is the paint wont atomize well under low pressure and voila fish eye and spots out the ying yang.

thats what i was trying to say here, it wont be easy you will have to wet sand it alot.... if he has accsess to a larger compressor and can get it easy enough i would just use that to be honest.

I've painted plenty of cars with that size compressor it can be done just be patient when your spraying. Also have a nice gun to spray with and you shouldn't have a problem, a nice HVLP gun is what your gonna wanna use. And if it calls for a " max psi of 22" that means at the cap so you are gonna wanna bump up your pressure to about 29-33 to be able to lay it out nice..

Back
Top Bottom