ka24e ticking

milkyninja

Driver
yeh so im guessing its the timing chain guide. im pretty sure its not the lifters cuz i changed oil and took valve cover off and had a friend bump ignition and all lifters moved. used to only tick when i just started it up and at idle. when it warmed up it went away. now it ticks all the time. anybody know? thanks..

Last edited by a moderator:
dumpster.jpg

if u took the valve cover off then u would know if it was the chain guide cause it would be broke off

if you have low oil or the motor is super worn out and has no oil pressure
the chain tensioners run off oil pressure so when u have low oil or no oil pressure there noting to keep tension on the chains so there flopping around or a tensioner went bad if it is the timing chains

did the cam chain seem loose when u pulled the cover off ??

well it will still tick even if the guide isnt broken. theres two guides and one tensioner. the upperguide will break first but it will still tick from hitting the guides. nissan factory made these guides but admitted that there is no use for them. so ima take apart my valve cover and my front cover nd take em off. and leo i know you can never resist me.
thanks s14fbs ill post when its done. kinda busy righ now.

---------- Post added at 03:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:08 PM ----------

btw stock sohc>sr20det. althooghhh 2jz>anything leo will ever own..

sounds like a stuck lifter, has happened to me twice on my motor, i run 3.5 quarts oil with a quart of marvel mystery oil, cleans up the oil passages and frees the lifter

sounds like a stuck lifter, has happened to me twice on my motor, i run 3.5 quarts oil with a quart of marvel mystery oil, cleans up the oil passages and frees the lifter

and this is what happens when you keep ridding on it at skid pad

DSC_0062.jpg

i dont run the mystery oil when i go to the track only when lifter/s gets stuck and that was a bad motor:bigthumbu

i dont run the mystery oil when i go to the track only when lifter/s gets stuck and that was a bad motor:bigthumbu

just do your oil change every 3k miles and your set..i never had a problem and i ran alot on my ka..and daily'd it to broward and back

i changed my oil bout 2 months ago and 1k miles b4 this somethin like that. but i changed the oil nd still nothin. slack on drivers side like it should and tight on passenger side like it should. so im pretty sure its the chain but i got a 2j waiting to be put in start of summer when school is over so ill see ya at the event tomorrow. look for a black hatch that sounds like a fucked up clock lol.

i changed my oil bout 2 months ago and 1k miles b4 this somethin like that. but i changed the oil nd still nothin. slack on drivers side like it should and tight on passenger side like it should. so im pretty sure its the chain but i got a 2j waiting to be put in start of summer when school is over so ill see ya at the event tomorrow. look for a black hatch that sounds like a fucked up clock lol.

exhaust manifold leak... have you checked

Back
Top Bottom