Let's talk clutches. (SR20DET)

Not You

Rad
Driver
Ok well im looking at single/multiplate clutches and im currently torn between the Competition clutch twin disk and the Exedy hyper single. The CC is actually cheaper and is a twin disk opposed to Exedy's single thats like 30-40$ more. BUT the Exedy is a 225mm and the CC is a 184mm disk... I wanna stay in the 1000 range so OS is out unless you can find me one under 1100 and im not going with a SPEC from bad exp. Please only people who have actually HAD singles/multiplate clutches give me some feedback. How much power where you making, how did it feel, how long did it last, etc. Thanks dudes

i have driven in 2 cars with exedy twin disc clutches and they had great drivability and lock up i would have one in my car if i was not a cheap ass

clutch longevity is soly based on driver skill and habbits

Hyper singles are awesome be sure to only consider sprung or tl snap trans. But also loved my 3 puck exedy too it never slipped at 320 whp.

Like I said, I ran a hypersingle on my sr. I was only making ~300hp on a t28 setup, but the clutch held anything and everything. I bought it slightly used from Jason J. with a couple events on it. I daily drove the car as well as my girlfriend driving the car to and from work for nearly a year at ~40 miles one way. When my sr blew up, the clutch still had TONS of life, even with daily driving and street drifting every weekend and sometimes more.

I would def suggest a hypersingle to anyone, very driver friendly yet very strong.

Back
Top Bottom