LEXAN Q's

Not You

Rad
Driver
Got a couple of questions as im going to be going lexan for my front and rear window here soon. First of all what is a good place to get real lexan in custom sizes and what is the min. thickness i'll need for SWD/FD/XDC/etc. Thanks dudes.

Can you use plexi in the same thickness? I just know that is is harder to scratch and doesnt yellow like Lexan.

Ok, so after lots of searching i found this:

2012 FD rules and regulations: said:
8.11.7 Door,quarter and rear window glass must be OEM or clear Lexan with a 3mm minimum thickness and securley bolted in place. Windshields must be installed and OEM glass or OEM replacement material (i.e Speedglass) and be free of cracks. Non-glass, replacement windshields must be a minimum 3 1/16" thickness, be adequately mounted, and have supplemental, vertical bracing made of minimum 16 gauge (.0625") aluminum and 3/4" wide, securely mounted down the center of the opening, inside the vehicle.

I want to use Lexan because of its durability over Plexi. I've never heard of Lexan yellowing I know it has a UV tint/hue to it maby thats what you mean? Ya I knew about the support I was going to add one anyways, I dont see anything about it having to be fixed, I wanted to make it adjustable, hope that's ok.

So....now where to buy in custom sizes :) Anyone?

lexan windshields suck and they are cool at first but when they get scratched up and the wiper marks them up they suck even worse. Prospect Plastics is the place u need to go though

Well scratching seems to be the biggest problem. Has anyone ever incorperated using tear-offs tho? Makes sense

Back
Top Bottom