lust installed mbc....

sr20zenki

Well today I instaled a mbc on my car. I have an s14 sr blacktop. Well I've heard these mbc spike boost a lot. An yeah today I tried it out. An its spiking to like 18lbs. As soon as I see it jump I let out the throttle. But what I wanna know is there a way to set the mbc up so it won't spike. An is the quick jump of boost harmful. I haven't stepped on it just cuz I don't wanna mess anything up.

it might not be a spike, it might be set at 18 psi and your turbo cant give you that pressure at higher loads so the pressure goes down. start out with it completely open (lowest boost) and turn up from there.

Well its a crappy mbc it one of those ebay brand one u can say. Its a blue one I'm sure most of u have seen it. I goyt it cuz I was able to get it for 20 buck so w/e.

An yeah I started off all the way open. Its not on 18psi. I stared off all the way open a tried it an it was spike like 20psi so I turned it 2 click to the right an its spike 17-18 an was holding like 8. But I noticed some time aftter spiking it will drop down to like 5psi an move upward to 6-7.which is I belive lower then stock boost. So idk.

I relly haven't messed with it to much cause its been rainin a lot an I don't really wanna be stepping on it in the rain lol.

So idk if someone can give me some input or at least how many turns others have turneed it so I atleast get an idea. An start from there.

An thanks guys for ur input an help.

Axl954: I wish I could but for no I have to make due. Ima keep messing around with it an see how it does an if not ima just take it off. But ill tell u what its a major increase in power as soon as u step on it it just pull pretty dam hard.

Flyinfinn: oh is that why the spike. I guess that makes sense. I've heard of ppl modding the stock waste gate by cutting the rod an threadding them an adding a nut between the to make it longer an shorter kinda like an adjustable wastegate. Does anyone know if that really works.

Were are you getting your signal?

If its on the cold side, try tapping as close to the turbo as possible. More accurate readings and less possibility of boost spiking.

you shouldnt have to "make due" with a mbc lol..... if it doesnt work, throw it out... or sell it on here, with the rest of the garbage lol, j/k, but just get another one, when you can

let it spike 18 -20 ive been open boost since i got the car been like 2 yrs .. no problems what so ever.. i took out the turbo to replace gaskets like 3 months ago .. and no shaft play .. motors healthy as balls ... i quess mines an arnold.. lol get down.

As for how much boost I'm trying to get I'm thinking 10 or 12. Just cuz my motor is pretty much stock. So idk how much I can safely run without blowing it up.

Back
Top Bottom