Need Help and Ideas...

Nunook

Driver
okay in an attempt to get back into my real profession. I quit my temp construction job.
For those that dont know I am a computer programmer.

Soooo I need ideas for programs in order to brush up on my skills. ie text editors, games, calculators, anything.

thanks... just PM them to me.

FlyinFINN said:
A drifting game. Can be 2 Dimesional if you'd like.

No...were totally making this one difficult :laugh:

-Full suspension tuning of cars
-Ebisu circuit
-Live For Speed style graphics/physics

Make it happen :bigthumbu

^ Sort of a joke I take it, but one idea there is not half bad. If I'm not mistaken, the code for LFS is completely open to anyone... you should try to fuck around with that and come up with some of your own cars with modeling/texturing, etc

make me a calculator for quarter mile time estimation, weight vs torque over 1320 ft. I know there are some out. Try writting your own then checking your results with theirs.

Another one would be to calculate required fuel BSFC .50 at a specific afr, 11.50 and see how much fuel is required to make X amount of torque AND horsepower at X RPM.

make a survey asking simple true false questions. then at the end display the percentage of true and false questions.

Write a little script that retrived the MAC address of the destination computer, use Internet Control Message Protocol (ICMP\PING) to establish connection, then ask for ARP table and display it. If your real savvy, you will make your own GUI.

what language are you going to write these in?

any one of these will set you back at least 3 hours, if not ALOT more.

240SicknessX said:
make me a calculator for quarter mile time estimation, weight vs torque over 1320 ft. I know there are some out. Try writting your own then checking your results with theirs.

Another one would be to calculate required fuel BSFC .50 at a specific afr, 11.50 and see how much fuel is required to make X amount of torque AND horsepower at X RPM.

make a survey asking simple true false questions. then at the end display the percentage of true and false questions.

Write a little script that retrived the MAC address of the destination computer, use Internet Control Message Protocol (ICMP\PING) to establish connection, then ask for ARP table and display it. If your real savvy, you will make your own GUI.

what language are you going to write these in?

any one of these will set you back at least 3 hours, if not ALOT more.

:eek:

FlyinFINN said:
Write a hack so we can all go on Zip-tied and flood their forums...teehehehe

I like this idea alot, its both productive and destructive, my style exactly :bigthumbu

ok im looking at LFS, and yeah they give u file formats textures and cars and stuff but I dont think they actually give u game code. still looking.

NO for the zip-tied, sorry guys.

Thanks rick, I think ill start with the bsfc then the 1/4 mile, then mac address.
ill start with java, then c# then c++ then c and if I relearn vb then Ill do it in that also.

hey 240SicknessX, yesterday I did the bsfc program (basic dos style) then my internet went out again. So, today I fixed it.

anyways ima change it to a cellphone version. so if u want a copy just ask. I might add some other calculations in there that come in handy.

wat u need to do is reset yo ram cables to 100+megaquarts and right it all in 5+r then later u should upload em into yo main frame ....... :ugh:

I don't think it's possible to get the remote machine's mac address through icmp, unless somehow the OS puts that information directly in the reply packet, or it uses the mac as part of the seed for the random padding and some serious hacking reveals the seed.

It seems that from all the suggestions most guys here would like some sort of Universal Car Calculator. 1/4 mile times, turbo size selector, etc.

Something interesting might be making a Bikirom front end, as it ties in your ability as a tuner and a challenge in programming. He'll release the API any day now.... .... ..

Aside from that, I would just pick examples out of a book or search Google for example problems. Alot of professors put their curriculum online nowadays(http://216.122.156.136/CSharpHarvard/Assignments.htm).

The active protocol is resolving the destination MAC address would be ARP (Address Resolution Protocol) . The basic method of resolving a MAC address from an IP would be to ping the destination and then use arp switches in the command line to display the MAC address that corresponds with the IP address.

I want the 1\4 mile calculator that I suggested.

obby said:
sickness, I think i see what you're saying, but it'll only work on a LAN I believe.

nunook, if you wanna get your hands on some racing game code, here ya go:
http://torcs.sourceforge.net/index.php
http://vdrift.net/

However I still think you should try some simple school type problems to get a grasp on the basics of whatever language you wanna try first.

yea my experience was recording units that were connected on a school network. Having a program that would be able to spoof packets to get through a router would be alot more difficult to write.

Back
Top Bottom