• yes

Votes: 18 94.7%
  • your a pussy

Votes: 1 5.3%

• Total voters

Kevin Phillips

Drifter
Driver
Who think we should run PBIR like how FD originally had it? I wanna see how many guys are interested in running that set up. im so down it looked so awesome. maybe we can get that set up instead of turns 10 and 11.

I dont think ur a puss if you dont wanna run it... i just realllly wanna try that set up.

Last edited:
It looked so g damned amazing. Pretty sure Ryan Tuerck did a 105mph entry on that set up. Wowie. Apparently that's the set up that will be ran next year.

I cant really see it happening for a normal event. Its too big/fast for beginners to do and spectator safety is still a big issue. I would LOVE to run it though.

we have enough trouble getting new guys to come drive turns 10/11.

I'm down for a more advanced course layout, but it prolly wont happen for regular events.

P.S. the guys choosing "Yes" are the guys that dont even come to the lesser advanced events. just so yall know.

i would go if they where on saturday nights, but with my work schedule i can't make it to friday nights.

It is good to have different track set up in one place, FD track set up is definitely a better challenge compare to the big sweeper.

i dont think you realize what kind of speed and aggression this setup took. Eric O Sullivan and Alex Pheifer both crashed it and they have a little bit of experience. I'm not saying it can't be done, but I don't see more than 10-12 people actually able and willing to drive that setup.

Now maybe run something similar to reverse direction of what FD ended up running is possible. Its about the same as the original layout but with a less broad (means itll be slower) entry and shorter straight (less speed gained), and then follow the normal course path (not using the 'pushed out apex' thing). This course would be better for people to have a different thing, without having to go 100mph all crazy.

I know we were pretty ready to run the setup in ProAm and then they changed it all up, but, I think that you'll never get enough people without a private rental (HAHAH $500/person track day!) with the crazy fast setup. or you'll jsut have mass crash/spinout/scary/deaths/fires/oneleggedhookers/coasting/bad event turnout.

^+1. and like someone mentioned there should be a pre reg made because with the numbers lately at pbbir i dont think they would be willing to do all that work.

yea it sucks that the events they are doing (double-up events) to make it possible budget wise, make it friday nights which is impossible for people with jobs.

not to mention this year is Florida's year of broke/rebuild/deport or you were doing big travel $$ proam.

yea it sucks that the events they are doing (double-up events) to make it possible budget wise, make it friday nights which is impossible for people with jobs.

not to mention this year is Florida's year of broke/rebuild/deport or you were doing big travel $$ proam.

seriously...

everybody says it rebuild season now, and to wait till the season starts again, but then when that comes around people say wait till rebuild season.

and what i dont get is that countyline always has decent numbers, as well as cfrc. pbir is both advanced and beginner friendly yet numbers have been extremely low driver wise.

the first midnight madness drift event was crazy none the less, with huge turnouts from both drivers and spectators. now its like everybody said this track sucks id rather do donuts on a skid pad or run a similar track in orlando.

thats just my .02

and for those who say why dont i drive. well its simple, buying tools needed for work to make a living is more important than throwing money in the car if i dont have to at the moment. once i get everything i need then i just might drive an event

Last edited:
I dont drift much but the FD guys I talked to didnt even want to drift that layout. They wanted to do do the back section of the course.

Kyle Mohan and I were talking and he said ALL of the drivers were tearing up the track on the backside after the runs. Chris Forsberg eluded to the same thing when we talked. No worries on teasing me im fat so i got thick skin. lol.

Back
Top Bottom