question about sr

Dr. Dooms

Driver
in the picture below the "egr sensor" and "wastegate valve control solenoid"
how important are these?
i just got an sr and its running like garbage (under heavy throttle breaking up and popping, also running extremely rich)
and as i started inspecting it i realized these are missing but the igniter is just bolted to the strut tower
im assuming this would cause an issue correct?

UNCUT-sr20de_L.jpg

any ideas or advice would be awesome

edit: also i have
checked compression
checked coilpacks
checked injectors
maf
plugs
o2
no vac leaks
and everything seemed fine

Last edited:
bkr7e-ix stock plugs... i ran the bkr7e standard and my car would be fine at 8 psi .but as soon as i hit high boost. pop missfire ext..

if you need to swap parts lmk i have wc s14 shit in my pos
thanks but im pretty sure stuff like the maf,coilpacks,igniter and shit like that is different from the s13 redtop to the s14 sr

I run BKR7e's gapped at like .025-.028
it has different ones in it now so im going to throw those in there
thats what i ran in my rb
but i dont think its the plugs because it runs fine sometimes and like shit other times

bkr7e-ix stock plugs... i ran the bkr7e standard and my car would be fine at 8 psi .but as soon as i hit high boost. pop missfire ext..
thanks d00d

if you took his whole car the problem is the chasis lol

explain?
the fender harness was chewed to shit

i put it back together and it ran great then two days later ran like shit
but its doing something different than it was to start with

now that im thinking about it i wonder if the harness in the fender got chewed up again because my front wheels are rubbing like crazy still

i just checked the fuel pressure and with the vacuum line off it was 48psi and with it on 38psi
the injectors are all spraying fine

Last edited:
hit the waste gate with a hammer if it snaps back try driving it if it works its the waste gate getting hung up it happend to me.

You can't trust just your vac/boost gauge to tell if there are any leaks. You need to actually pressurize the system and check for them, do a boost leak test, that is what it sounds like to me.

You can't trust just your vac/boost gauge to tell if there are any leaks. You need to actually pressurize the system and check for them, do a boost leak test, that is what it sounds like to me.

i have a tester and im doing it tonight just in case

i went to harvey's (mongoose) house and we fixed it

tps was way out of adjustment and plugs were at .035

thanks for the help

Back
Top Bottom