tuning help

sevenways

Spectator
hey i got a 240 with a sr20det. i want to get a good tune on it. what i dont know is can you tune the stock computer or you need a piggy back system? what are the different options that I have?

first .. you want to tune a fully stock sr motor ? or u have bigger injectors,turbo,maf,etc ?
here is what i think , stock motor pushing 12-14 psi with stock t25..i will do a safc tune,..
if u have bigger turbo,ingectors,etc... will go with something like enthalpy tune.

i have a FMIC also a t3/t4 turbo on it. stock boost 4 now.also open BOV. I have a wideband on it and everytime i step on it i get in the 11's which is pretty rich.
Also i'm not sure what a enthalpy tune is? is it the same as a ROM TUNE?

Last edited:
i go in the 10's at times too. and not really thats just done for safety, if you run high octane gas you can tune to a closer afr. all that gas in there is causing you power. i dont know much about sr20's cuz i just got the car but i take auto in my highschool and i'm in engine performance and you can get a turbo car in the high 12's which is way better.

---------- Post added at 01:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:21 AM ----------

also under constant gas just maintaining speed i'm around 15.8 not sure if thats fine? i do know for boost rich is much better then lean I just find 10's n 11's a bit too low, for full throttle

Last edited:
i have a FMIC also a t3/t4 turbo on it. stock boost 4 now.also open BOV. I have a wideband on it and everytime i step on it i get in the 11's which is pretty rich.
Also i'm not sure what a enthalpy tune is? is it the same as a ROM TUNE?

yes. is a rom tune

i can have someone fine tune a ROM tune? also do you think an a/f ration of 10 under full throttle is good? i heard thats the bad thing about the ROM tune with out a fine tune that it will run too rich for safety being the reason.

i have a rom tune in my car. im running gt28rs turbo. with 600cc injectors ,z32 maf..and i just discover that im running stock fuel pump. !!!!! lol . i ordered a new walbro 255 .. so..this week i will install it and take it to a dyno to see if the tune is rite . my car is tuned for 16psi ... but im running 12psi due to my fuel pump

so you have someone fine tune the preset ROM tune? and sounds like a lot of power lol. do u have a wideband on the car? also is the engine it self stock? or u have some head work done to it?

Last edited:
head and block are stock. " enthalpy " did the tune for me. you can read and check details in here.. http://www.sfldrifters.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59279

i dont have a wideband..comming soon. i just have an air/fuel gauge..thats is reading prety good i think. lol. it should be making close to 300whp.. i hope. maybe next weekend or the other im gonna take it to a dyno and see what's up

where is the dyno you take it to? and does someone fine tune it there or you just taking it to find out your WHP? also you should be careful with a stock head lol. at least get some rocker arm stopers first thing that goes on an SR from what i have read. they are about $100 shipped.

i will be upgrading the head soon..im not running it hard....i think. lol. anyways..im gonna take it to a dyno to find out the hp..and to see if is running rite.. not too rich or lean..and all that stuff. i dont know where to go yet..but i think they can tune. enthalpy is in tampa. i think im gonna go to speed injected for the dyno

they put the chip in your ecu..and they tune it from there on what you have..for me thats a really good tune.. better than just run a safc..

Back
Top Bottom