Wheel locks, lost key, best way to remove?!

z_three_two

Tempus edax rerum
Driver
Ok, this isn't for me, but I'm going to be doing the work..

I've taken out stuck lugnut locks before, but haven't EVER dealt with any quite like this:
imagejpeg_2.jpg

There's hardly any space for a socket in there...

what i had to do, was litterally find a piece of metal that was alot like a socket with sharper edges, hammer it into the wheel lock, and turn it, took me a few hours to do 2 of them

God I hated doing that shit. But you can find extractor sockets at Home Depot and other places, that go on the outside of it and when you turn it loosening it bites in and turns the nut. But even then it doesn't always work.

Did you guys look at the picture? You can't get anything around that lock...look at the clearance. I've seen this before but if its not your car, drill the center out replace stud. Another way is to take a chisel and sledge hammer and make it a flat head screwdriver. Both take 5 min or less. That's my help but most ppl call me crazy soooo....

Did you guys look at the picture? You can't get anything around that lock...look at the clearance. I've seen this before but if its not your car, drill the center out replace stud. Another way is to take a chisel and sledge hammer and make it a flat head screwdriver. Both take 5 min or less. That's my help but most ppl call me crazy soooo....

This.. kind of scraped the guy's rim a little using the sockets Davaine posted--they don't clear, and I tried using a smaller one on the small piece of metal at the center--but it was already worked on before so no big deal [he said they were all warped as well.]

Trying to get to the parts that are behind all this wheel/lugnut madness...

Drill through the center n replace the stud, make sure u keep the drill bit lubed up sonit doesn't break

go to pepboys and find the same lug nuts buy them use the key and return thats what i did twice

the flat head idea, i used it once and worked amazing but then again i didnt do it on lug nuts i did it on a regular bolt that head broke off

no no no...

Get two locking pliers, or vise grips for your n00bs. One bigger than the other.

One of them has to be a needle-nose type or similar. Needle nose one goes on the wheel lock. Other attaches to the handle of the first one. Then get a pipe and slip it over the 2nd plier.

Give it a turn, and bam.

You can thank me later.

if you don't need it off immediately and remember the company that made them, you can call them up, i had a similar problem a few months ago, my wheel lock broke, i took a picture or the wheel lock pattern and emailed it to the company. i bought 2 of them after that. Took 2-3 days. Luckily i was only trying to adjust my suspension so i didn't have to take the wheel off the same day, it could wait. i am running work xd9's and was not trying to mess them up using the above mentioned methods, they work well, but if not carefull you can cause damage (if you actually care about the wheels)
:bigthumbu

it looks like a flathead will fit in there

try that and use a huge pair of vise grips on the handle for leverage

Back
Top Bottom