Wheel shaking at high speeds

dnpbakon

Driver
Well I recently did a 5 lug conversion and with redrilled rotors... When I'm driving normal like 45-50mph everything is fines but when I get on the highway at around 75-80mph my steering wheel starts vibrating so does my car... I thought it was the wheel bearing but they don't seem shot I did the wheel shake test and there pretty stiff no winding either... Could it be my rotors? Lemme know any input is appreciated
BaKOn:D

Yea I think it is my balancing... I forgot when I got the wheels balanced I took off the top wieght on the inner wheel because it wasn't clearing my coilover... I'm going to get them rebalanced and put New weights on hopefully that will solve the problem

Yea I think it is my balancing... I forgot when I got the wheels balanced I took off the top wieght on the inner wheel because it wasn't clearing my coilover... I'm going to get them rebalanced and put New weights on hopefully that will solve the problem

use the sticky weights

My old coupe did that and it was the driveshaft bolts were loose, and check some diff bolts. Just rebalance your wheels and make sure they do it right.

My old coupe did that and it was the driveshaft bolts were loose, and check some diff bolts. Just rebalance your wheels and make sure they do it right.

Yea my driveshaft bolts are tight for sure they came loose months ago so I used the airgun to torque em down extra tight... And I checked the diff bolts but there all good as well... I'm pretty sure it's just the wheel balancing but I haven't had time to get them done since I'm leaving to the Costguard... But when I do I'll post it and let you guys know if that was the problem cuz I know a few people on here are having the same problem

I had a similar problem when i redrilled my rotors to 4 lug for the 300zx brake upgrade,it was the rotors that were not drilled correctly. Payed 35 bucks a piece to redrill some new ones was perfect. Also as someone said earlier about the driveshaft, after tightening the bolts completely after a swap it happened....one to the bolt just popped and fell out.....

or you might need balancing

I had a similar problem when i redrilled my rotors to 4 lug for the 300zx brake upgrade,it was the rotors that were not drilled correctly. Payed 35 bucks a piece to redrill some new ones was perfect. Also as someone said earlier about the driveshaft, after tightening the bolts completely after a swap it happened....one to the bolt just popped and fell out.....

or you might need balancing

yea i though it would be my rotors but i swapped my boys actual z32 rotors on real quick and still vibrating..so ima get an alighnment eventually lol once i have time...but thnks for the input dude i know many people are having this same problem

Wow bakon u need to tighten up. Balancing should've been number one on your list. My rolla does the same ish. And the USCG is pretty sick, i was gonna go until i heard about that waitin list. Congrats. What gonna happen 2 the whip why you're @ BC ?

ok so i have a similar problem for months now. intermittent shaking that actually goes away (when it decides to shake) at about 70.still havent figured it out completely but it really started when i had adjustable tension rods installed. it seems to throw out the allignment and for some reason, most alignment ppl dont know how to adjust them or really what to do. atleast not the two that ive been to. I dont have unbalanced wheels from what ive been told or bad tires. becuase i had both front replaced. but it was suggested that when the tires were installed the compressor had water in the tank and put some of it in the tires when inflating them. this would result in shaking and it being intermittent, sometimes the water spreads and sometimes it doesnt. like washing a load of clothes and they stick to one side and all hell breaks loose at spin cycle.
just something to think about. i have yet to find out.

Back
Top Bottom