z32 brake question

s14fbs

Spectator
so i installed my calipers today and they dont sit center with the rotor causing the rotor to jam on the pads when everything is installed

its sits to far torward the shock tower i was thinking of shimming them with a washer to get them center anybody ever had this problem

setup is
26mm calipers
hawk pads
circuit sports rotors
agency brake likes
on a s14

It bolts to factory parts with 2 bolts...not sure how your install could go so wrong. I could see the pads hitting the rotor if your rotor was not the correct size or if something was seized...post pics?

Well he has 26mm calipers so maybe he has 30mm rotors since it sounds like the rotor is too big rather than small. I want to know about this caliper/shock tower thing though.

i cant think why wont they sit right.. is a really easy bolt on... lol even me the non-mechanically inclined had zero issues lol :)

See ik there factory bolt on that's why I'm confused

and I'm 100% sure there 26mm and the calipers are also
I sat all day trying to figure it out but when I put the caliper rotorand pads in the rotor will not sit flat so when I
tighten the wheel on the hub it jamms the wheel cause the caliper will not sit flat

It's very strange

Well he has 26mm calipers so maybe he has 30mm rotors since it sounds like the rotor is too big rather than small. I want to know about this caliper/shock tower thing though.

I was just using the shock tower as a point of measurement
like my driver wheel seems to be sitting a few mm more in the fender then the passenger side but that's just a camber issue

did you trim or remove the brake dust shield lol

if not that's ur problem

LOL true!!! i forgot that step lol

to find out if you have 26mm alum or 30 iron(thought they are some iron 26 i think) grab a magnet and see if it holds to the caliper.. if it doesnt they are 26mm alum.

Last edited:
There are 30mm aluminums locko

OP, how are you sure the rotors are 26mm. Why not post some pics.

There are 30mm aluminums locko

OP, how are you sure the rotors are 26mm. Why not post some pics.

Brake dust sheild is gone and I measured them plus they
came in a box that said 26mm plus it's written on the rotor also

I can post pics but it's really hardto notice in a pic I'm in class right now
tommorrow I will post pics

Back
Top Bottom